Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Feb 1997 19:43:20 -0800 (PST)
From:         Still in litigation <jwilson@robles.callutheran.edu>
Subject:      I'm back!!! (long)

Hey there fellow VW van owners! Just thought I'd drop a note mentioning my happiness at being back on the listserv and in the presence of some old friends! I took a little break back in May when school got out, and last sememster barely allowed me anytime to study, much less keep up on life in the outside world. Am I glad that's changed. For those of you who are new or don't remember me, my name is Jason Wilson and I'm a student at California Lutheran University in southern California. When I'm not driving my girlfriend's Honda Accord (now talk about a hung 4-banger! Like an elephant baby!!!) I'm driving much closer to the legal speed limit, if not a little below in my beautiful, but dinged up because it was that way when I bought it, 1969 VW Camper Bus, but not a poptop (that was for the stats...) Inside is a beautiful Westy package. Props to you guys here for some help ID'ing it last year. It's gotten quite a few miles on it in the past 8 months. A few camping trips, but mostly San Jose to Thousand Oaks (home to school). Over the summer was my fun however when the fingers that hold the throwout bearing in place on the tranny splines decided to break of. Let's just say it was one unhappy VW owner nursing his baby back home from work. While the engine was out she got a nice degreasing action that was duely appreciated, and a new clutch, which was the cause of the aforementioned breakage. Also, a new oiler cooler with those flat gaskets, which seem to me an obvious improvement, made it's way onto my beasts motor. Other than that, my baby is running fine. Looking to do some more camping. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean...) Hi to all and good cheer!

-Jason