Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 08 Feb 1997 22:02:20 -0800
From:         vwmaster@volks-motorsports.com
Subject:      Local VW siteings!

I just wanted to throw out the the group what I had Observed the other day while test driving a Vanagon around town ( Santa Cruz Cal). I wrote a list of VW I saw and broke them down in different groups.

Vanagon 7 Passenger 2 Westy Vangons, 3 Type 2 Westys, 2 Type 2 passenger vans, 2 Early bus campers, 1 Bugs 9 Vert Bug 1 H2O VW's 15

Now for the biggest SIGHTING of the AM! I work 3 doors down from the dealer ( Figure that, a VW shop that can do a killer business 3 doors down from the dealer MUST be doing something right :) On a Flatbed behind a Semi Truck is a Threesome of Eurovans. Quite a funny sight 3 White eurovans on a flatbed.

38 VW's in about a 30 minute period I sighted. I'm sharing this with the list for a couple of reasons; I have a hard time understanding when I see postings about someone seeing "A Vanagon today!" I see SO Many Vanagons, let alone VW's a day!

I'm NOT putting anyone down, just letting people know that there is a HUGE population of VW's, and Vanagons here in Northern California. It's not uncommon for me to see 4 or 5 Syncros in a given day. I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that I live in a colledge town, or just being Northern Cal or what.

What was the funniest thing was that I was doing my little survey on the amount of VW's in town, then I see the Eurovans on the Semi was the best part :)

Kyle --

Kyle Wade (408) 462-9424 Hm # Keeper of the Volks-Motorsports page Home Page - http://www.volks-motorsports.com