Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Feb 1997 11:45:50 -0500
From:         H. Edie Menkus <HEMENKU@westvaco.com>
Subject:      Thank You: RE: Opinion on 1978 VM CAMPER

My husband and I were very happy to hear from all those who responded to our questions about purchasing a 1978 VW Camper! We were much more prepared when we went to see the Camper.

Everyone agreed that the price was high or it would have had to of been in tip-top condition. We also received wonderful tips and facts about that year of VW and in purchasing a VW in general. The questionnaire was great! We tested out as being possible VW owner :).

We did look at the VW. It was a sharp one. The gentleman who has had it for most of its life (except when a friend - also a photographer - had it, kept good care of it. However, it did have some rust in the various areas and the canvas pop-top, though not torn, had tiny holes, and their were other minor problems that I could visually see. We wanted to offer him less but he was firm about the price. I think he is hesitant on selling it. He likes it a lot! I could see that he knew it inside and out.

We will have to pass on this one, but plan to continue looking. With a baby on the way and uncertain cash flows, we will have to stay in a low price range.

Again, Thanx to everyone who helped us out!

Edie Menkus