Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:27:21 -0500 (EST)
From:         JordanView@aol.com
Subject:      Re: Question about 86 Syncro Weekender

In a message dated 97-02-14 16:34:33 EST, SyncroHead@aol.com writes:

>> Westy weekender: >> -Has poptop >> -No stove/sink >> -Has full length rear sofabed >> -Has table that folds out from left wall. >> -has fixed jumpseat behind driver >> -has 1 cabinet in LR, and one overhead in back (if no a/c) >> -has large removeable floor mounted fridge behind pass. seat > >I contend that there's still no such thing as a Vanagon Westy Weekender, at >least by VW definition. Please show me anywhere in VW's literature where >they refer to any Vanagon model with a pop-top as a "Weekender". I admit I >could be wrong, but I've read lots of VW literature and haven't seen this.

Ahhh...yes...it's the "Weekly Westy Weekender War" (and, folks - that is the "WWWW", remember.... :<)

Yes, Jim - "Westy Weekender" is not a official VW name. the only thing that VW officially ever called the "Weekender" was the fold down middle seat and the rear sofabed option of the 7 passenger vans, first available in '85. I came up with that name to differentiate between the FULL GL Westy, and the stripped down NON - GL Westy. there are two versions of the stripped down non-GL Westy. the Wolfsburg Edition non - GL "Camper" (that, folks IS the official Name....), and the standard non - GL "Camper"(that IS the official name....). both of them have the same interior layout, but on the Wolfsburgs you were blessed with the shreddy tan corduroy, instead of the velour.

When someone says "I have a Vanagon Camper" can you REALLY tell what model they have???

I cant.

that's the reason for the "Westy Weekender" name. ( the Wolfsburgs, being the "WWW"'s , the standards being just "Westy Weekenders")

It's still a Westy - but it has more of a weekender function, without all the full camping components such as the stove/sink/all the cabinets.

Hell, it's better than Bus Plus!!!!!!! :<)

chris