Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:57:18 -0500 (EST)
From:         SyncroHead@aol.com
Subject:      Oldest Vanagon on the list - Results!

Vanagonites,

Last week I posed the question "Who has the oldest Vanagon on the list??".

The feedback I got was: R&R GREAKER, BELGREAKER@gnn.com 25A0006040 Jack Bateman, jrbateman@frick.speedline.ca4 25A0006115 Dennis Gentry, gentry@serv.net 25A0006407 Jeff Carver, CARVER_JEFFREY@aphub.aerojetpd.com 25A0007484 Jeff Carver CARVER_JEFFREY@aphub.aerojetpd.com 25A0021024 Joel Walker, JWALKER@UA1VM.UA.EDU 25A0023906 Zeidler Helmut, zeidler@NTCNTG02DU.ntc.nokia.com 25A-0108-790 Charles Webb, cwebb@teleplex.net 25A-01222-556

Thus making R&R GREAKER's #6040 the oldest Vanagon on the Vanagon or Type2 lists. Well, the oldest that responded anyway.

R&R wins a brand new, all improved, genuine, original.....pat on the back and the admiration of his piers for taking care of this esteemed "old Vanagon"!

Jeff Carver had collected several previous entries and asked: "All the VIN's I received started with 25A not 24A, what gives? I wonder."

In 81 to 91 Vanagons the 25 in the VIN indicates a van body style while 24 indicates a pick-up truck body style. Appliying that to the 1980 Vanagons would mean that all these entries were van bodies.

Regards, Jim Davis 87 GL Syncro 88 GL Wolfsburg