Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:46:56 -0500
From:         "Richard Alexand Palmer" <rapalmer@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject:      List Coffee/Travel mugs anyone???

Hello from the recently slack promotions department. As some of you may recall, a few months back, I was talking about printing up list coffee and/ or travel mugs. Things got a bit derailed for a while there due to some financial strains on my part, but I think I have recovered enough to go ahead with this project, if the interest is still there. From past discussions, I realized that the demand is about equally split between "nice" ceramic coffee mugs, and sturdy, insulated plastic travel mugs with lids. The design would be the trusty 4-bus Netvergnu:gen design, most likely on a white, or natural ceramic color, depending on the model chosen. Cost would probably be around $10-$12, with a large part of that being packaging and shipping charges. While a t-shirt can be mailed in a tyvek envelope, which is free from the post office, a fragile mug will require a special box, with padding, which will add a couple dollars in packing charges. Unless, of course, you *want* it shipped in a tyvek envelope, in which case I can do that as well! :) So, then, I am looking to guage the IMMEDIATE demand for such items. Please write me only if you fully intend to make an order. It has always been a problem in the past that 50 or so people say they want t-shirts, but then only about 30 ever send in an order. So, please only respond if you fully intend to order. If you DO want me to do this, please tell me know how many of which style you would like, so I can get more specific cost charges from the printer. Of course, the more orders there are, the lower the cost. Anyway, Happy Friday, and hopefully you all still have a few dollars from buying Ken's shirts and stickers... BTW, he and I are currently discussing a permanent list-website-store, where in the future he may be able to keep a small stock of list parephenalia on hand to sell that way...

-- ____________________________ Poor Richard is rapalmer@unity.ncsu.edu `/""""/""""/|""|'|""||""| '\ http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/r/rapalmer/www/ /____/____/ |__| |__||__| | '68 VW Crew Cab | \ /V\ /====================| '67 VW Camper-Nellie, the Wild Goose |()\ \W/ /()| _ _ |"I spend half my life explaining to Christians | \ / | / \ / \ | _-( ) why I'm a Deadhead, and the other =C========C==_| ) |--------| ) |=] _-{_}_) half explaining to Deadheads why \_\_/__.. \_\_/_ \_\_/ \_\_/__.__. I'm a Christian."