Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         06 Feb 97 00:06:55 EST
From:         "Turner,Ronald L." <102660.66@CompuServe.COM>
Subject:      Quad driving light grille on SA Vanagon (pics)

Hi, All - check this website out (courtesy of Tony Moore)

http://moorelab.com/vw/grille/chrisvw.htm

I gave him a picture of a Vanagon with the type of Quad headlamp / driving light setup used on current South African Vanagons (yes, they still make them there - only they call them "Buses" / "Caravelles" and they have the Audi inline 5 ( EV engine) in back instead of the wasserboxer)

Anyway, this is similar ( I know this is image is a LITTLE large :<) and the van wasn't in the greatest shape, but I'm sure you all will get the idea..) to the grille that I'm thinking of bringing a bunch of over "a-la-Forhan" style (to save on shipping costs), IF, that is IF I get enough positive response. Unlike the picture, the grille will be of the "newer" ('88-'91) style with the larger VW symbol and fewer and thicker louveres, fins, tines or whatever you want to call those things. It still will fit all '80-'91 Vanagons, though you '86-'91 guys will have to rob an '85 down Van of it's round headlight buckets. As it looks now, it would be under 300 bucks for the whole assy. Negotiations are still being made, so e-mail me if you'd be interested.

And before any of you napalm heads light your flame throwers, this is NOT a money making venture on my part. I was just interested in this lighting setup for my van, and due to the current crappy SA Rand exchange rate, it seems as if anybody else wanted one too, we could all get a good deal on shipping.

let me know (p.s. this ain't gonna be an overnight thing....it may take awhile.. if it even happens...)

chris