Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Mar 97 6:07:27 EST
From:         "Drew B. Farenwald" <dbf@jewel.arl.mil>
Subject:      Re: Milwaukee Auto Show--VWoA has no plans for Eurovan

KENYON writes:

> I test drove both a '95 Eurovan Winni and a '97 Eurovan Winni and found plusses > and negs on both. But the MAJOR GRIPE I had was with the Winni conversion. > After owning a Westfalia it felt CHEAP and lacked the well thoughout design > and tightness of the Westfalia.

So... what felt "cheap"? and

What was not well thoughtout?

Very curious, as I found neither. The Winnebago design makes much better use of space than at least some of the Westfalia conversions I've seen. And for one direct comparison, Winnebago put screens on three sides of the pop top, whilst Westfalia did just one side (on the 93 MV), which makes no sense to me.

The EV-C design is certainly not perfect. Many compromises must be made in fitting a conversion to an existing body. I think Winnebago handled the trade-offs very well.

Just wondering.

--Drew 95 EV-C (Beulah, a very sturdy lady)