Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:33:01 -0800
From:         am1973@monika.ds.boeing.com (Andrew Mera 773-1287)
Subject:      Re: PNW camping trip

Since Rick Gordon first made the suggestion in mid-February, the archives accumulated some 6 people making some 9 posts to the list. This note is an attempt to summarize the info for everybody's benefit, and to suggest a unified thread, enabling interest to grow.

Places suggested in WA: - San Juans: Orcas Is. (Moran State Park), Lopez Is, etc - Whidbey Island: Deception Pass State Park - Marrowstone Island: Fort Flagler (off hand I know nothing about it) - Olympic National Park: Heart of the Hills, Lake Quinault (40 mi no of Hoquiam, nestled in the rain forest) - Olympic Peninsula northeast: Dungeness Spit Recreation Area - Olympic Peninsula central coastline: Ruby Beach/Kalaloch/Mora/Rialto - Southwest: Fort Canby, just north of the mouth of the Columbia River, rugged coast line, Columbia fishing village Illwaco nearby

Places suggested in OR: - Northern coast: Cannon Beach, OR - eastern OR

No BC suggestions made yet:

Time suggestion, duration (I assume we're all talking about wrapping the trip around a weekend?): - 2nd half of April - 1st half of May - 2nd half of May: Canada's Victoria Day long weekend, US Memorial Day long weekend (24-26.may) - 1st half of June - later

The Vanagon 1997 archives http:// www.med.umn.edu:8553/misc/archives/v97/ can be easily searched by key words such as: camping, NW, trip, PNW and camping, and other simple boolean requests. I suggest that we adopt Rick's original subject title "PNW camping trip", that we each mention or home location, that we state a 1st, 2nd, 3rd preference for time, duration, and location.

My 1st pref: Memorial Day Wknd, San Juans (if a location reservation can be arranged) 2nd pref: 3 day wknd in May, central Olympic Coast (or Lake Quinault if the coast is too windy) 3rd pref: quick 2 day wknd to anywhere within 100 mi of Seattle Blackout: month of July

Andy Mera Bellevue, WA 95 EV Wb