Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Mar 1997 20:27:15 -0600
From:         Ken Hooper <bighouse@type2.com>
Subject:      T-shirts/Stickers/Mufflers

We have finally got shed of the type2 T-shirts and stickers, they're in the hands of the United States Postal Service. Exceptions are two people for whom I have no addresses and whoever the hell lives in Davie. But the inventory is accounted for and we'll get those worked out. We didn't get the merchandise until Friday, thank the wholesalers, and the Cruise Director worked all day Saturday addressing and stuffing (I didn't even ask her!). Hopefully we've made it in time for Kelley Park.

Listen: The first time you wash your T-shirt you should do it in cold water and you should put a belt of white vinegar in there with it. This won't stop the fabric from fading eventually but it will definitely prolong the life of the silkscreen ink. Not an old wives tale; this works.

THANK YOU to everybody who ordered. Once I get these last three ones done (shipping costs) we'll have enough data to post an accounting of where the money went/will go. Nobody asked for it but some people sent donations and in that situation it's only right.

If you don't get your order within a reasonable amount of time, let me know and we'll do what we can to fix it. Overseas people (not Canada), we had to send them surface, airmail was ridiculous. Like a pound of airmail to Australia is over $12. However those of you in VAT regimes will note than anything this colorful and lacking a packing slip counts as an Easter gift as far as my paperwork is concerned.

Newbies who keep writing to me, we did order about a dozen extra shirts in order to lurch into the next price tier. These are a mixed bag of L and XL, black and purple, first come first served. They're $20. I know that's high but everybody else paid $17 in advance and waited patiently for five weeks and longer. This doesn't buy my beer, it pays for our bandwidth.

Again, thank you all! ---------------------

MUFFLERS: This week I start on the next project. For them that don't know, there is such a thing as a stainless steel muffler for the aircooled VW, but it isn't imported into the US. They're manufactured in England, and we aim to bring over a raft of them at no markup for listees only, if we can make the pricing manageable.

They DO make Type IV mufflers as well as Type I. I don't know whether they make California spec. I'll ask about waterboxers, don't know that either.

Don't know pricing, I expect that depends on volume and skill at chiseling. It'll be wholseale or below or we won't do it. This is basically a forever exhaust. Those of us who replace a Kadron once a year can scarcely imagine such a thing, but it is. ;)

We are NOT doing this on the list because there is no sense posting on it to everybody when only some are interested. So it's gonna be a separate mailing list. Also I'm sure we can get Beetle ones, too, so if somebody wants to forward this to vingagevw they can get in on it:

If you are genuinely interested in a stainless exhaust, one-time only deal, reply to this message using the following subject line:

Mufflers

If you don't use that subject line I won't be able to filter your message to put you on the mailing list and I'll probably just ignore you.

--Ken 68 Westy, Admin -- type2 -- The VW Bus Mailing List