Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Mar 1997 21:47:26 -0800
From:         busgirl@netcom.com (Martha)
Subject:      pinnacles stuff

If you haven't already, please let me know ASAP if you'll be joining us at pinnacles, 3/21-24. If there are any additions, deletions, or other changes to the list below, please let me know, as we very soon need an accurate head count. Roster shows Fri. and Sat. nite unless otherwise noted. At the end follows a recap of logistics, particulars, directions, etc. I'll be sending out stuff on food soon.

Here's who I have as being confirmed definitely to attend:

Malcolm + Molli Holser + 2 kids Martha Rubin + 1 kid Charlie Ford Jeff Feldstein Ron Lussier Bradley Prunehead Dave + Francesca Kautz + 3 kids Gail Fitzpatrick Jed Gillin Bren Smith + Charlene William Just aka rasta bill (Sat nite only) Michael Wagner + family Dan + Kathy Belick + baby Russ Otey + family (probably Sat. nite)

--

Here's who's either not yet answered, or still undecided:

Johnsons? Al Hubbard? stafford? Chris Grant Kathy and Mark Al Knoll scott and alice hugenards Dave Catchpole robert c (snowcrest) Chris catchone@ix.netcom.com moseley charles dearle Bob Aldrich Craig Stanley and GF sam williams +jan +allison

Ron arranged to get an entire RV loop reserved. This loop holds 12 RVs, and 24 of us. The cost is $6 / person / night, with a maximum charge of $24 / site / night. This is a little complicated, but here are some sample scenarios:

Site contains: Charge / night: -------------------------------- --------------- 2 vans, 1 person each $12 2 vans, 3 persons total $18 2 vans, 2 persons each $24 3 vans, 4 adults and 2 kids $24

Get it? If we get more than 24 vans, there will be plenty of 'overflow' sites, just not in our loop. This is probably ideal for those who like a...ahem...quieter site.

Electricity will be available for those who wish to use it (one hookup / site). The surcharge for electricity usage is $4.

SPECIAL NOTE: that the campground gates close at 11pm, so get there before then or you'll be camping on the street - literally.

DIRECTIONS:

To get to Pinnacles Campground from the Bay Area, follow route 101 South to Gilroy. Just south of Gilroy, take route 25 south. Follow route 25 through Hollister, Tres Pinos, and Paicines. Roughly an hour south of Gilroy you'll see a large sign for Pinnacles National Monument and a road to the right. Take that road. The campground is just before the park gate.

To get to Pinnacles from the southlands, you'll want to look at a map. You can take either 101 north to San Lucas, and then cut over to 25 north, or take 5 north to Coalinga and 25 north. Again, look at a map.