Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Mar 1997 07:47:20 -0600
From:         Tonya Pope <galba@premier.net>
Subject:      Re: 87 Syncro CV Joint/ Spares List

David Bayer wrote: > > >| In fact, how about generating a cross referenced parts list for the > >| vanagons, something to go into Coyotes FAQ site. Nice to know that a fuel > >| pump from a ???? will work in a vanagon etc... > > All of the fuel injection parts are cross referenced in the file > archives at http://www.med.umn.edu:8853/misc/archives/Files/ (Not sure if the > above was a reference to this or desire for such an list for the fuel parts). > Would be a good project... > > dave

Yes that list exists on the archives, but it's only really useful if you're going to a junkyard. The list is a cross-reference for the various vehicles that had that identical part/part number. It doesn't cross-reference what also will work (i.e. generic O2 sensor instead of Bosch, rabbit whatever instead of stock, etc). I think that is what was originally wanted/asked for.

It would be VERY useful to know that a such-n-such part would work just fine on a vanagon (a cheaper such-n-such, or perhaps better) with the disclaimer type info such as 'you'll have to enlarge the bracket that holds it' or 'you'll need to add this clamp' or 'cut-n-splice wires'. You know, give what's really required to do the change and any drawbacks to using the 'other' part instead of the stock part.

I think this would be great to have. I even volunteer to put it together if people send me the info. I'm not looking for alternate parts just for the price (although it IS a big incentive), but if there are BETTER parts, that's just as important.

Tonya 87 Vanagon GL Wolfs 74 S. Beetle