Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Mar 1997 21:01:14 -0500 (EST)
From:         JoErnest@aol.com
Subject:      Vanagonagain

I finally did it.

I had been reading the digest for several weeks, getting more and more interested in getting a camper again when I read the e-mail about an 89 Syncro Westfalia listed on E-pages down in SoCal. (Thanks for that posting.)

As a result I am now $5,700 poorer but the proud (and very happy) owner of a Nautilus Red 89 Syncro Westfalia. It has 120K mi, new front CVJ's, new M/C, brakes and rotors. The PO is a very nice School Principal, who took excellent care of the van, never exceeding speed limits, having all service / repairs done at the dealer. I just drove it back to the SF Bay area: no loss of coolant or oil. No drips noticed either. This van cost me more than twice what I paid for my last vehicle, which was until then the most I'd ever paid for a car. I wish it had just taken my life savings but it actually took that and I then had to sell my soul to the credit card co. for a cash advance. Fortunately you get good wear on a soul at 5.9% apr.

I will soon be seeking advice on several points, but I will first try to sort them out myself, after "Eddies German Auto Repair" gives it the once over.

Even though you probably weren't aware of it, thanks for your advice and support.

JoE