Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Mar 1997 19:15:29 -0500 (EST)
From:         CLZIBERT@aol.com
Subject:      Hello!

Hello all, I am glad to find your list. I am the very happy owner of a 93 EuroVan GL with 44K miles on it. I used to have a 1989 Vanagon GL Wolfsburg which was another great van. You'll probably think I'm pretty stupid, but since 1989-present, I thought that my Vanagon had Syncro on it, when the entire time it didn't. "SyncroHead" from your list set me straight.

Overall, my VW vans have impressed me and my wife immensely. We've owned four, from the first '84 Dodge Caravan, to the current '93 EuroVan. None were as good as my VW's. The Caravan, was a neat van, but build quality was deplorable, always in for service on minor things that kept breaking. The next van was far worse. The '87 Ford Aerostar XLT was a overpriced pile of junk. It had all these ridiculous Electronic gizmos that ALL broke. The van had major engine problems that occured frequently and weren't covered by warranty. After two years we had had enough and bought our first VW, the Vanagon. The Vanagon GL Wolfsburg (which I always thought had Syncro!) was really great. Lots of room for such a small size, comfortable, and had great handling (better than my EV). The European styling appealed to my wife and I, even though it was boxy. It had low profile tires, glossy paint, and nice rocker pannels on the bottom of the van that gave it an agressive look. We NEVER had a problem with it and it was a great touring van. The EuroVan is noisier than the Vanagon and doesn't handle as well, but we have enjoyed it as much.

Are there anymore EV owners out there, and does anyone have info on upcoming 1997 EV passenger models?

Any info would be great,

Chris '93 EuroVan GL