Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Mar 1997 15:41:10 -0500 (EST)
From:         "William A. Killian" <killian@mnsinc.com>
Subject:      Re: EV Screens

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, hal wrote:

> > EV'ers: > > Has any of you found a source for side window screens for NON- > camper EV's? VW doesn't have them, but I seem to recall a place out > in Oregon that made them. ANyone know anything about this?

Auto vs. manual? Dunno... Don't rememberif Dan;s is old enough to have a real transmission - we don't - weenie auto.

> BTW: How does Dan Hebert get 22.5 mpg on his much heavier camper > while we can never break 21 on our MV? Is it engine timing? Tires? Richness > of fuel/air mixture? Any thoughts? We usually get 14-15 around town in the > winter, 16-17 in the summer. How does these figure square with all of you?

You must be in a area with little A/C use <grin> We get anywhere from 16 to 19+ haven't reached 20 much. A/C use kills us. We live in a land of double 90s. 90 degree F and 90 % humidity over much of the summer. Pretty nasty area. With the EV for some reason having the side windows open while driving sets up a nasty thumping of the inside air. Hard on the ole eardrums. Means the wimpy kids in the back whine about A/C when I won;t let them keep the windows open <grin> Front windows are fine but sure wish they had the vent windows like older cars <pout>

bill and diane killian zen and the art of ferrets mailto:killian@zenferret.com mailto:killian@mnsinc.com http://www.zenferret.com/