Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:39:19 -0700
From:         Mike Wynn <lmf1@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject:      Pre Vancouver trip questions (long)

Well..Im off today at 5:00 for Vancouver in my 83.5...its second trip to the lovely city. I plan on doing the trip in 2 days so Ill be camping overnight in Jasper National Park where my buddy and I will be consuming many beer while gazing at Hale-Bopp through his telescope. That way we get to drive thorugh the lovely BC scenery while its light outside instead of pitch black the next day. So last night I took the van to buddies garage to try and remedy a few of the semingly endless little problems the beastie's having lately.

1) The dash circuit board problem: Found that there were 2 spots that had gotten 'fried' when a wire went in behind the whole works. My freind repaired the one circuit and now my dash lights work again, but.....the oil light still flickers periodically when the van is idling. Not always, just sometimes. My mechanic said that this too was related to the circuit board problem, but it just doesnt make sense. Could it be the oil sender unit on the fritz or what? I have been checking my oil...topped up and clean...and the heat gauge above the clock is usually around center, maybe a little over if Ive been driving for quite awile. Ive also not figured out why I blow a fuse when I try to use the front and back wipers at the same time. Any suggestions?

2) My sink pump has died. Anyone know of cost? or used possibilities?

3) Drivers side wiper still not shooting to well. I dropped the resevoir under the front drivers side and watched while buddy fired the wipers, and it was pumping fine from there, and shoots fine on the passenger side. So I tried to get at the T connection thinking that there is something stuck after the T on the drivers side, but how the heck do you get those hoses off and out? When I kinda pulled and wiggled the hose while firing the wiper juice it shot ok...or better at least, so maybe its kinked somewhere. I just couldnt get at the thing to actually see what was up.

So hopefully the first camping trip of the year will go well, but if anyone in Vancouver or Kamloops would want to give me there address phn # just in case it would be appreciated. I bought some extra just in case equipment like belts, lights, oil filter and what not, but its always the things you didnt plan for that go wrong. The last time I did this Edmonton - Vancouver trip my rad got a huge whole via Mr.Semitruck and I had to drop $500 repairing it....deleting all trip funds and ending my vacation early. Plus I got beaver fever on the way home. If this happens again Im never dribing to Vancouver again. :) Ill just be the pasenger.

Have a good long weekend.

VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW Mike Wynn - lmf1@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca Multimedia Worker Drone @ Jang & Willson Communications Better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not. VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW