Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Mar 1997 12:17:19 -0800
From:         mholser@Adobe.COM (Malcolm Holser)
Subject:      Re: Whoo hoo!

> Check this page out (but check it out quickly): > > http://home.netscape.com/home/whats-new.html > > Coyote

Cool, Ron -- you're own personal 15 minutes of fame!

Also, what I was going to post.

Any lurkers out there? Wannabe's? I decided to check out the busses and vans I saw driving from Santa Clara to San Jose this morning. Mostly I checked out "westies for sale" category, but saw some others.

Hows this: 1985 Westfalia 111k miles looks PERFECT, A/C Auto $4500 1969 Westfalia interior looks perfect, new engine, body has a few dents and rust in the battery tray.

Got phone numbers if you want'em. I'd have bought the '85 but my wife HATES automatics. I saw four other Vanagons for sale, and the single and doublecab splits I posted about last night. This was on one drive, not going out of my way. I also stopped to look at the new Boxster Porsche. The perfect replacement engine for your Syncro Westie in a few years, no doubt! Cool. Also gazed at four VR6 EV Winnabago conversions (new). Did not even bother to look at the non-westy busses and Vanagons I passed for sale.

In the non-for-sale category, I met the very last Adventurewagon conversion of a VW -- a 1990 Syncro. Beautiful high-top camper. and a Syncro to boot. We were a good crowd of VW's parked there -- two plain Vanagons, a DoubleCab Vanagon/Transporter (a 1985), the Syncro Adventurewagon and my Syncro Kombi Transporter. Did not bother to count the number of busses I passed, although Vanagons seem to be getting to be the most common ones I see. Did not see a single EV on the road. Odd, 'cause I usually do. Saw a Baywindow Doublecab, though, to make up for the lack.

Most of you folks must live in hell.

malcolm