Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 06 Mar 1997 09:35:58 -0500
From:         Karen Winter <cen13504@centuryinter.net>
Subject:      AC question, 2nd time

K Winter wrote: > > On a hot day last summer the pressure relief valve on my AC dryer gave > out. When it goes out it makes a startling noise and sight, > particularly when your standing right next to it. I replaced the dryer > assembly and expansion valve with only one problem. The old dryer was > not marked as to the direction of flow of freon through the hoses. The > new dryer will fit on in both direction. The van is a 1987 Wolfsburg > with 2.1? gas engine. The one with the AC ducts that swing down and > smack you in the back on the head when you hit a good bump. > 1. Can someone please tell me the direction of flow for dryer > assembly? > 2. The goof I asked to check out the AC said that dryer pop off > valves sometimes wear out. I don't think I buy that one! There > must be an under lying cause for the pressure to build up. > 3. My vanagon has never indicated that it was hot. But I have > noticed that the cooling cycle is different than it used to be. Now > the fan only runs for 15 sec at a time. It may run several times, but > for only 15 sec. Is that a two stage system? > I guess it's off to the money suckers if I can not figure this one out. > > > Kenneth L. Winter > 89 Cab > 87 Vanagon > 83 Jetta > 90 Honda Civic