Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         06 Mar 97 13:01:33 PST
From:         CARVER_JEFFREY@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Jeff Carver)
Subject:      Re: Glove Compartment Support-84 Westy

Tom - There are two cords, the right ends in the metal slot on top of the fresh air tube. To get in there, remove the glove box. Disconnect the other cord, and lower the glove box, covering up the opening with hand or something. At just below horizontal, the rotating pins and the whole box can slide out to the left and the whole box comes out. Couldn't find out where the left goes, it had been removed to install the power amp for the music maker, so I figured i'd tell you how to get there. My left one broke also, using a shock cord and metal hook on the right side only, stronger than the stock.

- Jeff '80 Westi - - - - - - - - - - The glove compartment in my 84 Westy rides on two shafts on the bottom of the compartment. At the top left of the compartment is a plastic hanger, much like a cord which prevents the box-like compartment from rotating on the two shafts and spilling the contents on the floor of the passenger side of the cab when the compartment is opened.

That plastic "cord" has snapped, and one end of it is still attached to the box by a ball which fits into a slit in the lip of the box-like compartment. I can't determine where the other end of the broken plastic "cord" attaches. Has anyone on the list any information about the location of the top, supporting, attachment end of the "cord?"