Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         12 Mar 97 07:01:34 PST
From:         CARVER_JEFFREY@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Jeff Carver)
Subject:      Re: Wondering about Westfalia table heights.

Greetings -

Since getting into the rear top hatched cabinets was impossible with the table stored over the hatches, I removed the hatches. The kids can store their books, tapes, games, etc in there, and have access whilst driving. Since I don't trust the screw tightening to hold the table in position, I added a hook on a bungee to the side wall to assure the table doesn't swing out into my kids. With a long atrap affixed to the upper storage tray and to the same mount as the table bungee, I can store pillows and blankets on top of the table, readily accessible to the kids, and not fall over onto them.

The front table is stored behind the driver seat. Since the empty battery slot under the driver seat is almost impossible to access. I removed the cover. The table (corner anyway) fits into the hole laying against the door jamb. Be sure the post is facing backwards, don't want a surprise in the backside. The post is then lifted out and replaced between the table and the driver seat. This also allows the battery space to be used for storage of a fire extinguisher, binoculars, etc.

- Jeff '80 Westi