Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Mar 1997 12:30:12 +0200
From:         zeidler@NTCNTG02DU.ntc.nokia.com (Zeidler Helmut NTC/Dusseld.)
Subject:      Re: Vanagon "Journeys under difficult co

Hello all,

After a long search about the responsibility person at VW for the copyright on the manual

Technical Recommendation Journeys under difficult conditions

I received a letter from

VOLKSWAGEN AG D-38436 Wolfsburg Germany

Department K-VK-25 hl Mr. Klaus Chojnacki (Representative) Mrs. Monika Haessler (Assistant)

Phone +49 5361 9-23160 FAX +49 5361 9-71756

dated on 27. Feb. 1997

with following contend (first German, next English translation):

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sehr geehrter Herr Zeidler,

vielen Dank fuer Ihre Anfrage.

Es tut uns leid, dass der Ratgeber "Reisen unter erschwerten Bedingungen" inzwischen vergriffen ist.

Eine Neuauflage ist nicht geplant.

Leider koennen wir Ihnen, auch unter dem Gesichtspunkt der Produkthaftung, keine Genehmigung zum Nachdruck bzw. der Verbreitung ueber Internet erteilen.

Bitte haben Sie dafuer Verstaendnis.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

We are sorry that meanwhile the adviser "Journeys under difficult conditions" is sold out.

A new print is not planned.

Unfortunately we can not give you the permission, even under the point product liability, for reprinting respectively spreading it through the internet.

Please understand this.

With kind regards,

I'm sorry about this official answer from VW. I think that the real answer is, that the parts described in the manual are not available any more. I guess many of us, specially syncronauts, are very interested in this kind of information. Each individual should send a request about the manual himself. The common e-mail address of VOLKSWAGEN is devw1vww@ibmmail.com.

Helmut '80 Camper