Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Mar 97 14:12:09
From:         "Stu Schwartz" <sschwartz@os2bbs.com>
Subject:      Tire Pressure...

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997 11:36:13 -0600, vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu wrote:

>Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 14:38:03 -0500 (EST) >From: KENYON FAIREY <kfairey@oit.umass.edu> >To: vanagon@lenti (Westfalia Mailing List) >Subject: Help! with VW info for '91 >Message-ID: <199703141938.OAA14235@wilde.oit.umass.edu> > >Tom suggested that I request the following: > >"Can you call and have someone look at the sticker for you? >. . . ask anyone on the list with the same Westie to go out >and look at theirs for you." > >So - Please help us with this. If you owne an '88-'91 Westfalia Camper - >look at the tire specs sticker in your door jam (glove box?) and see what >the details are on the tires - > >Does it specify a 97 weight class or something else, what tire pressure does >it specify. You info will put this issue to rest for some of us. > >Thankx - > Kenyon

This is what my tire sticker says...

BAR PSI kPa

185 R14 C 6 PR Front 3,0 43 300 Rear 3,7 53 370 205/70R14 97R Front 2,1 30 210 Reinforced Rear 2,8 40 280

I have Michelins 185 R14 94 R (I believe these are reinforced and replace the ones above. The tire pressure on the tire is 40...that's is what I inflate to.

--peace-- stu stu.schwartz@os2bbs.com '91 Westy (MZ Magic)

... Nothing Left To Do But :-) :-) :-)