Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:46:23 -0500
From:         JonR <jonreed@earthlink.net>
Subject:      Litchfield VW Toy and Literature Show

My Buddy and I arrived at the Litchfield Inn about 9:45 to see just a few dozen cars in the parking lot. Inside there was just 4-5 Vendors slowly setting up... Frank Konisky of the Peoples Car Co. had far and away the largest display ( but then he usually does...)

Gordi Davis of 4 ever 4 was there, as well as Clay and Mary Smith of Das Bulli Haus. We cruised around the room for 1/2 hr or so greeting old friends and making new ones through-out the room... By 10:30 things were starting to pick up... there were around a dozen Vendors setup and most were several people deep at their tables...

Lots of Really nice stuff. Prices tended to be widely disparate.. I bought a NOS '69 KG owners for $20, the next table had one for $35...one fella had NOS KG dealer brochures for $30 ( from '63 up to '74) and Beetle from '60-'79 ( prices varied there).

Nevin Lescher of Windsor Locks CT was there with the Vanagon Westy Aux step that he makes... He replaces the front table with an adjustable height post on top of which is a non-slip 6" pad to use to "Step" up into the upper berth... this is a direct replacement for the table and seems very useful... he gets $20-$25 + $5 shipping... He also makes a fold up step for outside sliding door... Nevin is also a "Carefree of Colorado" awning dealer and had a couple of those on Display ( pricing seemed good, 10' hardshell awning for $287, 8' were under $250... Add a rooms were in the same price range...)

Frank Konisky was very generous with me when approached for prizes for the LiMBO "Kampers at Keyser Pond" trip this summer in NH... He donated a Brand new Brekina 5 pc set of Baywindow Models (retail $65) and several of the Kovap Tin Baywindow toys. These will be prizes for winners of the Mini-golf Tournament we will be holding at the Campground on June 28th...

By the time we left ( we had a 3 hr drive ahead of us) at 12:30 the place was really hopping and every table was packed with goodies...

The piece I was most tickled about buying is an early '60s Beetle 'Vert model by "Pyro" called "Beach Buggy" unassembled, original box w/instuctions... This has cut-out doors and a hard Surrey top w/fringe...Pyro made 2 Beetle Models in the early 60s' and I had found the other one last summer (complete, unassembled) at the NH Show and Swap...This one is an early '60s' Sunroof with engine out and 2 mechanic figures "fixing it"... Detail on both is very good and Original price was a Buck!

Didn't find any "$500 Barndoor Deluxes" in the parking lot, but did find some other nice stuff for reasonable prices and we had a good time...

Take Care all...

JonR