Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Mar 1997 14:34:47 -0500
From:         Jeff Diebolt <jdiebolt@up.net>
Subject:      Re: rear lights '81

>Third, since the brake lights and turn signals are separate, I will need >some kind of adaptor to hook up my little boat trailer lights, since the >brake and turn signal are the same filament on the trailer. Has anybody >made one? Seems like diodes could work. If not, where can I get one?

You're right. Diodes will do the job perfectly. Or you can go to your local FLAPS and pick up a trailer light wiring adapter. It comes complete with a sealed unit containing the diodes you need and a standard (non electric brake) trailer plug. You simply hook up both turn signals and brake light to the input and you will get out a flashing brake light for a turn signal. Wire the ground and tail lights straight thru. By the way, there is a right and wrong for the 4 wire harness, white = ground, yellow = left, green = right and brown = tail light. HTH

Greetings from Michigan's Upper Peninsula Jeff & Jean-Marie Diebolt mailto:jdiebolt@up.net