Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Mar 1997 22:30:51 +0000
From:         vwbus@netbiz.net
Subject:      Re: Rear License Plate Door

> >Can also slice of a (upper) portion of the inner tube to allow you to get > >the first spills from the oil container into the filler tube and not over > >the trapdoor. Tim > > Get a plastic bottle that coke or water come in. Any size from the 1/2 > liter up to the big 2 liter will do, but the smaller ones are better. After > drinking the contents(and rinsing if it wasn't water), cut the bottom off. > Use it as a funnel for the oil filler. Get another one and use it for the

Actually I find the top half of a 1 qt oil container cut at a nice angle works beautifully as well and is always at hand when you want to add oil anyway. Put it in a zip-loc and toss it under the back seat. Sort of like the ole spout for the paper cans, damn I do miss those for that reason, nice pour spout, course not that I'm old but I bet there are people on the list who don't even know what I'm talking about. It's the little things tha date you, paper oil can pour spouts and being able to have seen Star Wars when it was really released. You know the damn paper cans stacked better and were more efficient packaging too, wonder who did the lobbying hatched number on them?

John vwbus@netbiz.net