Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Mar 97 23:09:14 UT
From:         "Dennis Haynes" <dhaynes57@msn.com>
Subject:      RE: O2 sensor, 2.1L

I have a real Deal. Genuine Bosch three wire sensors for Late Golf Jetta's. $70.00 includes shipping. You will have to use the connectors from the original as the later VW's use a single three wire plug instead of the two connections used on the Vanagon. This sensor also accepts the clip on shield that the Vanagon needs to keep road dirt and water off the sensor. Sensor getting wet from rain will cool it enough to make it work intermittently. E-mail me if interested.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- >From: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu On Behalf Of Patrick Larsen Sent: Monday, March 17, 1997 12:29 PM To: Multiple recipients of list Subject: O2 sensor, 2.1L

Greetings list, I am replacing the O2 sensor in my 91. Several people have mentioned using a "generic" three-wire sensor ($30-50) instead of the Bosch ($140-190). However, after several trips to various local flaps, I still haven't found the O2 sensor I'm looking for. If anyone can help me out, I need some specific information. Make/part number of the 'generic' O2 sensor would be best. Year/make/model of the car it was 'designed' for would be second best.

Patrick L. Larsen Water Center/Environmental Programs University of Nebraska pll@unlinfo.unl.edu http://www.uvm.edu/~plarsen/pat.html ____________________________________