Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Mar 1997 10:35:37 -0700
From:         "Morrell, Edward" <Edward_Morrell@jdedwards.com>
Subject:      RE: Help With Instrument Lighting Please

Dave, your timing is impeccable. At 11:00 PM last night, I fixed the light on my digital clock on my 90 Vanagon.

Not that hard, but takes time. Remove cover over gauge cluster by pulling up from back (near windshield). May have to jiggle a little, then rock forward and remove. Next, unplug brake fluid reservoir wire and remove clear plastic shield. Then, you will need to remove the gauge cluster. This is held by 4 phillips head screws at the corners. You will need to remove some of the plugs going to the light switches, etc. to get at these. Next, remove the speedometer cable, and the gauge cluster should come free enough to get underneath it where the light to the clock is located. You will need to rotate this light socket counter clock and remove and replace.

Isn't this fun?

Ed 90 Carat 108K