Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Mar 1997 00:37:23 -0500
From:         Leavitt <mleavitt@tiac.net>
Subject:      Re: storing EV

Christopher Low wrote: > Howdy Volks... > > How often should i take our "new" used EV out to keep it in good running > order? > > Sitting for a week seems okay, but how about two, three, etc? > When does sitting become bad? > > We are trying to perserve our van for as long as possible and use it only for > trips. > > Thanks, > > Marion and Chris > EV 1995

Truth is, the '95 Erovan can't be parked for more than two days at a time because of an obscure and unusual design flaw particular to that year only. That is why I would highly recommend that when you are feeling the urge to park your van for and extended period of over two days, you should really let a profesional 'van-sitter' such as myself drive the car around, keeping the engine active and healthy (as well as looking cool and taking all of his friends for rides). I am available to do this at any time during the week except for Thursdays and Fridays when I am already schedualed to van-sit Jay Leno's and Harrison Ford's '95 Eurovans. We are running a special discount for EV Westfalia Campers this month provided that the fridge is fully stocked with German beer. ;)

Noel Leavitt VW Van Sitters Inc.

Oh, I almost forgot, Mondays are already reserved for Morgan Fairchild.

VOLKSWAGEN _--````--_ / _--````--_ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ '81 Vanagon Westy | | \ \ \/ / / | | '68 Sunbug Autostick | |\ \ )--( / /| | (named Vana) | | \ \/ /\ \/ / | | (named Rachel) \ \_\ / \ /_/ / \ _``----``_ / ``----`` 1937--1997