Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Mar 1997 19:18:04 PST
From:         kdlewis@juno.com (kenneth d lewis)
Subject:      Re: Subscribing and Un-Subscribing

To turn digest mode on, send E-Mail to listserv@lenti.med.umn.edu with no subject and one line saying SET VANAGON MAIL DIGEST

To turn digest mode back off send E-Mail to listserv@lenti.med.umn.edu with no subject and one line saying SET VANAGON MAIL ACK

To find out if you've been removed or your mail mode set to POSTPONE send E-Mail to listserv@lenti.med.umn.edu with no subject and one line saying SET VANAGON (To unset POSTPONE mode, use the SET VANAGON MAIL commands above)

DO NOT SEND THESE MESSAGES TO vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu =======================END OF INSTRUCTIONS========================= This list is dedicated to the discussion of Volkswagen Vanagons and Eurovans.

Folks interested in Air-Cooled VW Type 2s should join the type2 list: send "subscribe type2" to majordomo@primenet.com.

As a curiosity and a service to the electronic community, Joel Walker (jwalker@ua1vm.ua.edu) is compiling a list of where the bricks are electronically and geographically. If you have not already done so, and you don't mind that being public information, please send him an e-mail with make and model and location. Read these posts to the bottom, because that's where the most current URLs are (instead of here).

A number of our members often arrange group camping outings, with the Californians in the West being particularly active, often once every month or two. If you are interested in participating, contact Martha Rubin (busgirl@netcom.com).

The vanagon mailing list has proven to be quite busy. Since it really isn't University business, I try to minimize my time running the list. To that end, if mail to you bounces several times, I may without telling you, remove your name from the list. At that point, your best course of action is to send mail to gsker@lenti.med.umn.edu explaining your e-mail situation so I can add you as an alias.

The list is archived, and there is some FAQ information available. The archives can be retrieved via listserv commands, or the archives and the FAQ information can be retrieved using a web browser pointed at http://halfdan.med.umn.edu:8853/misc/archives/vanagon.html or ftp to lenti.med.umn.edu in /pub/halfdan/vanagon

Lastly, some brief netiquette specific to this list. Due to the volume on the Vanagon list and the multigenerational nature of the discussions, it would be a great help if you would make the subject of your message explicit to what model(s) and year(s) or era of van that the message pertains to. For example:

"Eurovan rear hatch won't latch" "91 Camper stove problem" "87 Syncro Clutch Problems" "83-H20 engine temperature"

Often messages refer to trips, tools or other general topics. These types of messages are of course meant for the whole list and a subject without a particular van type is expected.

Fridays are a day when people do fun things on the list. These things may actually not be VW related, but I strongly encourage it. To indicate that a posting is in fun and may not be of technical value, you should preface or suffix your subject with /f [f] or (F). Anyone without a sense of humor should delete these messages without reading them.

Please refrain from profanity or "pushing other's buttons on the list. We try very hard to get along. Censorship will be enacted for those unable to control themselves. Thanks for your cooperation.

Welcome to the list!

-- Gerry Gerald Skerbitz <gsker@med.umn.edu> U of MN Med School Admin 6-5379 Home St. Paul,Ramsey County,Minnesota, USA