Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Apr 1997 12:05:32 -0700
From:         Paul Uusitalo <puusital@Adobe.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dont blink your lights! *GANG DANGER*

And the worst part of it is when you get out of the hospital and start going through your mail, you'll find that Marshal Field has billed your credit card $250 for a cookie recipie (for which you thought you'd only paid $2.50) which you purchased to send along with a card to that boy trying set the world record for receiving get well cards who (tragically) had just suffered a recent setback because his hard disk (containing the get well card database) was destroyed by a virus he got simply by reading an e-mail from AOL entitled "Good Times".

I'll be dammed if it doesn't make you just want to strap a solid fuel rocket (JATO) booster on the top of the ol' Syncro and drive into an Arizona cliff at 300 mph (wonder if the pop-top would stay closed).

PaulU (strictly in jest)

At 9:17 AM -0700 4/22/1997, jim ellis wrote: >The vanagon list had a thread regarding driving lights. > >This reminded me that recenty I heard a related subject. > >*Welcome to the new world!* =( >If you see any car driving without their lights on (at night) DO NOT blink >your lights at them. Even though you might be thinking that you are doing a >good deed in desire for saftey, you are, in fact, placing yourself in danger. > >There is at least a 50% chance possibility that you may find yourself the >target of a gang initiation. It seems that some gangs initiate new >"shooters" by trolling in traffic with their headlights intentionally left >off. Their goal is to wait until some well intentioned citizen blinks their >lights at them intending to add to the saftey factor. The good samaritian >ends up in the crosshairs of the newbie shooter. > >I tend to think that I have a fairly decent "sidewalk diploma" in street >smarts but this was a new one on me. If I can help keep you and your family >NOS then all the better. >Peace, (please) >Ellis\ > >BTW: No need to belabor this thread- just file it away for the future. This >post is not intended to inflame any non VW socieconomic discussions. Please, >let's take personal rants <if any> off line. =)