Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 03 Apr 1997 13:58:18 -0500
From:         Leavitt <mleavitt@tiac.net>

*********************************************************************************** Everybody, My mother used to say, "If you don't have anything VW related to say, then don't say anything at all"...or something like that...maybe it was, "People who live in pop-top houses shouldn't throw SPAM???" Well I forget the _exact_ maternal wisdom, but I think that you get my point.

Soooo, unless someone can explain how discussing(bickering about) copyrights, racism and the EPA can make me have more Fahrfegnugen(sp?) then I will forgive the unnecessary e-mail that I have to wade through every night.

In other words, unless it's about VeeDubs, DON'T TOUCH THOSE KEYS!!! ***********************************************************************************

Because I don't like wasting bandwidth like this, I'll end with a question that I've had recently. I'm upgrading my front seats to the newer armrest style and I've noticed that when they are in the door doesn't close because of the door's arm rest. On the vans that these seats were intended for, did VW just leave off the door's arm rest, or was there a narrower/different one that I'll have to track down?

Oh, also to whomever posted the question about the rear oil filler door, I finally got around fiddling with the springs, and although there isn't really an easy way to disconnect them completely without breaking or bending something, you can use a flat-head screwdriver to push the hooked-end down over the corner of the bracket so that it has MUCH less tension. Like, so that just the weight of a screwdriver or a package of Twinkies can hold it down. The nice thing is that you can put them right back later, like if you want to sell the van. Warning, don't eat the Twinkies if you accidentally spill oil on them unless of course, it's synthetic oil which has a very similar chemical make-up to most Hostess snack cakes.

If you respond to this post, it should be about seats or oil filler doors and maybe even Twinkies, but absolutely NO SPAM! Twinkies don't go with SPAM! Yuck! :)

Thanks,

Noel ............................. '81 VW Vanagon Westy "Vana" | '68 VW Sunbug Auto "Rachel" | '79 Moto Guzzi V50 "??????" | `````````````````````````````