Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:47:33 -0600
From:         Mike Wynn <lmf1@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject:      Wiper problem...still

I posted a mesaage a week or two ago regarding how I couldnt get my wipers to spray properly, and have tried the few suggestions I recieved, but to no avail. I tried using compressed air on each spray nozzle simultaneously to clear the hose lines of the gunk Im 90% sure is in there blocking the fluid from spraying properly. I did get some improvement on the passenger side, but the drivers side is even more pathetic now. Im pretty sure that the pump itself is fine, as I dropped the container and had a freind press the sprayer while I looked at what was happening. You could see that the pump was trying to send the fluid up fine but...it somehow doesnt make it to the other end that well. The hose itself is old, dry, and very very discolored, but looks like its still intact...no cracks or holes, as I tried to follow the line down with my hand and it was dry as a bone. So Im considering replacing the whole hose that runs from the nozzle down into the resevoir. The crappy part about it is that I havent a clue how Im gonna get in there and do it. Has Anyone else had to do this, or have any suggestions on how to go about it? I have a feeling my eyes wont come in to handy on this little adventure. It'll be a Helen Keller feely touchy experience.

ciao. Mike