Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 01 Apr 1997 13:28:27 -0800
From:         Sebastian Hill <sahill@qualcomm.com>
Subject:      RE: 87 Wolfs. Power Door Locks.

At 02:43 PM 4/1/97 -0600, Brian Wilson wrote: > >A friend of mine also has the 87 Wolfsburg van with power door locks and he >removed the driver side lock motor because something went wrong with it and >caused all of the other locks to continuously cycle up and down. Of course, >this was 1 hour before we were taking his van on a road trip. > >The replacement motor is around $115 and he is still in a holding pattern >hoping to be able to diagnose the motor problem and fix it.

I was going to respond to this message saying that the exact same thing happened to me, until I realized Brian was talking about my Vanagon :)

-Sebastian "Power door locks except on driver's side" Hill '65 Mustang GT 2+2 "Red Hot Chili Pepper" '71 Datsun 510 coupe "Screaming Yellow Zonker" '72 Datsun 510 wagon "Sh*t Wagon" '87 Prelude "SO Dependable Car" '87 Vanagon "Wolfie"