Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Apr 97 13:37:00 PDT
From:         Gregory M Daughtry <Gregory_M_Daughtry@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Subject:      Re[2]: Dometic Refrig finally working on gas

Text item:

Hi John,

I'm afraid I don't know a lot more than I told in the previous posts which is from my personal experience. I do know that if anything you shouldn't be running the thing off your battery. On a full (I think full- ~2lbs?) tank of propane I get about two weeks of continuous use out of my fridge. And that's boiling water twice a day in addition to the fridge. Once in the am for coffee and at night for dinner. Normal gas grill tanks are 5 lbs. Think about how many barbeques you get outta one of those puppies.

Whoever told you not to use the propane has robbed you of one of the mose useful features of the westy.

I'm wondering if anybody else is experiencing numbers about like this. Anybody else wanna chime in?

'Greg

'87 VW Vanagon GL Westfalia 'Govinda' - currently in the body shop getting a big face lift (well I guess it would be a tush tuck)

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________ Subject: Re: Dometic Refrig finally working on gas Author: John2M@aol.com at SMTPGATE Date: 4/28/97 3:35 PM

A person who knows propane refrigerators! When I bought my 84 Westie, I was told not to bother running the refrig on propane because the tank is too small, that it doesn't hold enough to do the refrig and use the stove. Can you give me some info on how long the propane supply lasts, etc.

John Moore

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use and may be ignored unless there are problems.

Subject: Re: Dometic Refrig finally working on gas To: Gregory_M_Daughtry@ccm2.hf.intel.com Message-ID: <970428153500_-433985728@emout18.mail.aol.com> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:35:00 -0400 (EDT) Received: (from root@localhost) by emout18.mail.aol.com (8.7.6/8.7.3/AOL-2.0.0) id PAA19266 for Gregory_M_Daughtry@ccm2.hf.intel.com; Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:35:00 -0400 (EDT) >From: John2M@aol.com Received: from emout18.mail.aol.com (emout18.mx.aol.com [198.81.11.44]) by ormail.intel.com (8.8.4/8.8.4) with ESMTP id MAA04473 for <Gregory_M_Daughtry@ccm2.hf.intel.com>; Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:37:15 -0700 (PDT) Received: from ormail.intel.com by relay.hf.intel.com with smtp (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0wLwGW-000qDWC; Mon, 28 Apr 97 12:39 PDT