Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Apr 97 14:11:55 +0100
From:         wsp <wsp@olympus.net>
Subject:      OK Guys: We Need Yer Opinions on  EV:Pleeeeese

Hi All,

I'm getting nervous now. In your opinion, are we about to make a mistake buying a new 1997 Eurovan Camper as far as VW reliability and parts and service is concerned?

Will we be able to easily get parts for the engine and drive train now or in seven or ten years?

Is this 97 EV going to be a pain to maintain?????

Like most of us in the mailing list I'm pretty mechanically inclined and I feel confident I'll be able to fix, or redesign or redo most of the plumbing, electric and so forth of the van. Is there alot to the "life support" systems on board that we would have to rely on expensive or nonexistent service personnel?

Will we be able to easily get parts for the Winnebago equipment (stove,refrigerator, heater)?

I could really use your help! We don't ever spend this kind of money ($35K) so I am feeling very anxious not "knowing the ropes" of VW Performance, Parts and Service.

Thank You x 1000! (or is it 35,000?)