Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:05:15 +0300
From:         zeidler@NTCNTG02DU.ntc.nokia.com (Zeidler Helmut NTC/Dusseld.)
Subject:      Re: propane gauge?

In Germany we have to make use of a propane pressure gauge. But this is only good for checking the propane system for leaks. If you recognized that the flame on the stove is not burning as high as you expected, you may check the pressure gauge and you know, the propane bottle is really empty. No chance to get a tee kettle of hot water.

The only way to measure the stuffing is to weight the propane bottle. If you subtract the container's weight you will get the netto weight.

Helmut '80 Camper ---------- >From: williamd To: Multiple recipients of list Subject: re:propane gauge? Date: Tuesday, 29 Apr, 1997 17:46

I don't think a pressure gauge is of any value with a propane tank. A pressure gauge is useful with a compressed gas, but not a liquified gas. With a liquified gas, the pressure will remain constant as long as there is liquid in the tank-in other words, the gauge will read the same until the tank is nearly empty. I know that big RV's have propane monitors, but I don't know how they work (weight? float and sending unit?). The EV Winnie has a gauge, but it is clearly not a pressure gauge, and I was never able to figure out how to read it. Surely somebody out there knows how these things work?

Bill 87 camper.