Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Apr 1997 17:11:26 -0500
From:         "Charles Michaux." <cmichaux@carolinanet.com>
Subject:      Re: The Bus Depot/ Online Business' (long)

I must have missed something also! My dealing with Ron have been great. He did what he said he would do!!

Charles Michaux '91 Westy (40K) '74 SB (77K) '73 Thing (30K)

---------- > From: Kyle Wade <pengi@cruzio.com> > To: Multiple recipients of list <vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu> > Subject: Re: The Bus Depot/ Online Business' (long) > Date: Saturday, April 05, 1997 2:25 PM > > > > I MUST have missed something? Who's John Anderson? Why is he mad at Ron? > If there's a competion problem, then I don't understand. > > I have a On-line service offering VW parts at reasonable prices, SO. I > sell many different types of VW parts, ie Vanagon, Jetta etc. I don't > understand the problem with different people offering these types of > services? I do understand the people that don't like the use of "The List" > for advertising. I post a few items to the list, I also post to the > Water-cooled autos list too. If I have something to offer the "List > Members" I post it. The "list" is a tool that some should think about, 5-6 > Years ago if you needed Headgaskets for your Vanagon, Where would you have > looked? Yes, some of us have had Vanagons for many years. > > Some of us have more than our share of Knowledge on these vehicles too. > I've not been posting a whole lot to the list for many different reasons, > Personal stuff happening on my end (that's a diffent story, non VW related). > List members "Lashing out" at other people keeps some from posting too. > > If I know something about the topic being asked or a problem being asked, > I often DON'T post due to the "Fear Factor" of someone else responding that > they know more or, that what I may have posted is wrong ETC. As the thread > about NOT posting if you don't know the info. > > There are so many people on this list that know a great amount of info on > Vanagons, also a number of people that have other backrounds that apply too. > I'm a VW person, my family has owned VW's since the day I was born 5-4-65. > I was working on our 69 Bus when I was 12. I've worked in a VW only repair > shop for the last 7 years. I deal with ALL the different problems that VW's > have EVERY day! I drive more VW's in a week than some have seen in their > lifetime. > > I'm not a Parts Person, I'm a Tech and a VW Owner. I run the > Volks-motorsports business as a "Source" of VW parts to people that DON'T > have the "Luxury" that I have of a large inventory of VW parts. > > I love the Vanagon list, it's one of the best things I've found on the > internet! Let's all remember that some know more than others, some ask the > same questions asked Many times before, But didn't you ask that same > question at some time? > > Kyle > > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > Model Year Differences and VIN Decoding > > http://www.automatrix.com/~skip/volkswagen/diffs.html > > Send SIGNOFF TYPE2 commands to LISTSERV@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM > >.- > > > > > Kyle Wade > Keeper of the volks-motorsports page > www.volks-motorsports.com home page > Pengi@cruzio.com