Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 06 Apr 1997 10:16:41 -0800
From:         Todd Francis <tbf@pacifier.com>
Subject:      Re: CNN@lenti.umn.edu?????

Leavitt wrote: > > Just a warning to you people who insist on perpetuating these off-topic > strings, if you don't (please) exercise better judgement about what > _actually_ pertains to VWs, I WILL have no choice but to start posting > ultra-detailed descriptions of the lovely Moto Guzzi V50 motorcycle that

Hi All: In helping to perpetuate the EPA thread, I must defend the thread as being on-topic. The thread started out as freon types and car testing, both of which are instigated (questionably) by the EPA, and both of which affect my cars directly. Examples were brought up by knowledgable listees who have been affected by an overzelous EPA--those were perhaps off point except to the fact of their absurdity. These examples should open everyone's eyes to the fact that some of the EPA's ideas should be questioned. Isn't it popular to say "Question Authority"?

A point in fact and directly on subject: Against my wishes, my 1965 bug was retitled as a 1991 when I converted it to a dune buggy. The vehicle is street legal and there is no way I can pass emission standards set for a 1991 vehicle. We drove this buggy less than 200 miles per year, mostly to local bug-ins, and since vehicle testing came to our city in 1993, it has been sitting in the garage.

At the present time Vancouver DOE is trying to decide how to eliminate old lawn mowers, boat and motorcycle engines that are extremely dirty. Here they are asking people to voluntarily turn in their old machines for newer, less poluting ones. They especially like push mowers and bicycles. (They started a rebate program here last summer for when you turn your power mower in for a push or electric mower). Noel, where will that leave your Guzzi? See you at the scrap yard!

Todd Francis '86 Westy Syncro '91 Tristar