Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 06 Apr 1997 18:19:35 -0700
From:         vwmaster@volks-motorsports.com
Subject:      Part-Out or sell  RANT!

Listees,

I'm having a very funny feeling about the different things that are being said on the list. There is a large population of members that "Complain" about Vanagons being parted out as opposed to being offered to the list and sold to be put back on the road.

In the last week I've posted to good bargin vehicles to the list's. One to the type 2 list and 1 to the Vanagon list. Oin both instances I got ZERO response. A 69 Single cab for a $1000.00, and no response? I posted I wanted to sell it instead of part it but I don't have ALL the control in the shop I work in, so on Friday the single cab was pated out:-(.

Then I post this posting;

I have a 86 Vanagon FS.

It needs a Steering rack, Front Brakes, Shocks, Windsheild and a High beam light.

The rear tires are good, but the fronts are thin.

The Vans been sitting for about 6 Months. The rear seat folds tio a bed, and the middle seat folds forward too!

I want to sell this van right away, I want $2500.00 for it. DMV fees are paid too.

E-mail me for more details or info.

Again I got zero response to this too? I guess this 86 will get parted out too.

My biggest gripe is that there seems to be a Large amount of sniveling when someone from the list "scoops" up something that some "WannaVanner" "Might" have bought. Then when there are good deals posted nobody seems to have interest?

I just felt that I needed to post due to the fact that 1 Good Deal has allready been missed and that If there's no response on the 86 I have to sell it too will get turned into a pile of parts :-(

Kyle --

Kyle Wade (408) 462-9424 Hm # Keeper of the Volks-Motorsports page Home Page - http://www.volks-motorsports.com