Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Apr 1997 23:34:47 +0000
From:         vwbus@netbiz.net
Subject:      TIP Sandblasters

Well ordered a model 70S pressure blaster from TIP tools (premier maker of home hobby blasting equipment) for $299, the cheapest model available. Emailed order Tuesday but they call you for cc number which they did doggedly trying to get me Wednesday then on Thursday. Arrived here Monday afternoon, nice service. The thing looks wonderful, it comes with their novel dead man 38 Special valve, not of pro quality but a better design than most rubber wear block style valves, the blaster, a cheap hood, and some other tid bits. I also got the acessory kit (pressure sale) with some extras for $35. Anyway will try it out this week, but I'm glad I went with them, very nicely made, pro quality welds on the incredibly HD tank. It's the kind of thing where you look at it and go sure I could have welded it up myself out of a freon tank and bought the gun for $100 and saved maybe $100 after I got fittings and all, but I'm glad I didn't. I was going to go with the Harbor Freight $169 job and buy a nice gun for $100 but seeing this thing all together makes me glad I did it this way, worth the extra $30. We'll see how she works, I'm just dying to get the Korean war surplus 17 cfm, 200 psi, 2 stage DeVilbiss compressor I paid $50 running the thing, I imagine my worst problem will be that the thing is very small and holds only 50 lbs (nominal) abrasive. I find it hard to imagine they used to sell the smaller 40S model. I also imagine it will eat tips as it uses the teeny ones not the pro size large jobs.

TIP is at www.tiptools.com

John vwbus@netbiz.net