Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 08 Apr 1997 17:18:52 -0400
From:         Hotch <hotch@netaxs.com>
Subject:      Re: Help in advance

Randy Newell wrote: > > Thank you all for your help, I just had the main seal replaced (again) > yesterday. This time the dealer had to pick up the cost under warranty. I > stayed with the van this time to watch them. It only took them 4 hours to > complete the job, this disturbs me because the first time they did it they > kept it and billed me for the whole 8 hour day. Is it customary for the > dealer to bill you for hours that they don't even spend on your vehicle? > Seems like a really bad way to do business if you ask me. Are there any > honest mechanics left out there?

Please note:

Many shops price the labor by what the book says the labor time should be, not what it actually is. An example is when I brought a Honda to Pep Boys for a waterpump. They wanted to charge me extra since it had AC and said the job would take 2 hrs. I went home, did it myself in 45 minutes and only had to loosen the AC belt to get it out of the way. BTW, it was much easier to change than a Vanagon's waterpump, but anything else I fixed on that car was harder (I got big hands). -- Hotch Philly 86 GL hotch@netaxs.com