Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Apr 1997 17:10:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:         ThatVWGuy@aol.com
Subject:      Re: Notice from Rich Kimball to all us normal people

VW related spam.

<< -------------------------------------------------------- NOTICE ! DWEEB ALERT!

For those of you unfortunate enough to have seen the new June issue of VW Trends, their vintage oriented issue, a novel concept, and brought out just a month ahead of Hot VWs July issue - they certainly are trend setters all right.

Well it seems there must be another VW-illiterate at the helm of Trends, either that or sabotage due to the fact they are the major sponsor of the other event in the area. Either way, the facts are that VW trends decided on their own two years ago that they did not want to be a sponsor of the VW Classic, and so HVWs stepped in as a major sponsor, prior to that both magazines were handled absolutely equal. In the coverage of the Classic that year, the author made some unnecessary negative comments, and last year I decided not to even advertise the Classic in Trends. Trends, in turn, decided not to cover the event, understandable maybe, but one of their staff had to attend anyway and walk around all day and tell people that Trends wasn't covering the event, which is bull shit. By the way, Trends also neglected to cover the Bug-O-Rama held in September until now - 8 months later. The Bug-o-Rama just happens to be another HVWs sponsored event . . . . and the largest, longest running, probably most prestigious fricking VW drag racing event there is, at least on the West Coast. Makes you go mmmmmmm, don't it?

This year, unbelievable as it may seem, I decided not to advertise in Trends again. The Classic got bigger last year with out them anyway, so guess what? The event section of their latest issue has the Classic down for the Monday after the Fourth of July. I don't know why I didn't think of that date before . . . . A Monday show. Gee, maybe I could be a trendsetter too.

Actually the correct date for the VW Classic is still JUNE 8th, a Sunday, the second one in June, as it always has been during the last half a dozen or so Trends editors. Evidently the folks over there have a bone to pick, or they're just dweebs. I appologise for their inconvience and please don't change your air line reservations.

I hope to see you all at the Classic . . . ON SUNDAY JUNE 8TH

RICH KIMBALL

PS, if you think you know anyone else who may have been unfortunate enough to se a copy of that fish wrap, please feel free to spam this notice along. >>