Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Apr 1997 23:10:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:         Joseph Doniach <jdoniach@pacbell.net>
Subject:      Re: skylights

Skylight was $129, actuator $24. Yes, it's the mechanism for raising and lowering the skylight. I believe the Bus Depot has lower prices for these items plus many others on your list. Their web site is www.busdepot.com, or e-mail to list@busdepot.com. Also, contact Sorin Bejenaru at 103164.3373@compuserve.com for used items--he buys used Westies from insurance companies and sells the pieces. I bought a couple of small items from him and he was very reasonable and prompt.

---------- > From: "Kelly Barthlow" <BARTHLOW@cfr.cfr.ncsu.edu> > To: jdoniach@pacbell.net (Joseph Doniach) > Subject: skylights > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 19:41:30 EST5EDT > > Joseph, > > I think I've got this right. Forgive me if not. I'm subscribed to > the vanagon mailing list and noticed a post you made regarding > skylights for vanagons. I believe you bought one from Euro-American? > I'm looking to replace the skylight on my 89' Westy and was wondering > if you found E-A to have the lowest price. > > I've just started my search. I will be calling the local VW dealer > soon, I figure they will be highest price. Also, you mentioned > "actuator" in your post. Is this the mechanism that raises and > lowers skylight? While I've got you, can you offer any input into > finding the following items I'm needing for same vehicle. > > Fridge vent cover > Mudflap for driver's side (protects propane tank) > VDO speedometer/odometer (round dash unit) > Rear bumper (black) > Bumper end cap (passenger side-black) > > Any input much appreciated. > > BTW I've got E-A's phone and fax number.Kelly Barthlow > Recreation Resources Service > Box 8004, NCSU > Raleigh, NC 27695-8004 > > voice (919) 515-7118 > fax (919) 515-3687 > Barthlow@cfr.cfr.ncsu.edu >