Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 1997 10:28:02 -0400
From:         "Richard Alexand Palmer" <rapalmer@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject:      Stickers & Future merchandising

Ok, now that the ball is rolling on the coffee mugs, my mind has wandered off into thoughts of other list things, much though I have tried to stop it! :) Anyway, lately people have been asking about list stickers. I, in my never ending quest to make everyone happy, would love to print more list stickers. However, quite a lot of folks already have the old stickers, and therefore probably not be interested in helping buy the 500 from this batch. Therefore, the marketing genius inside led me to the thought that I should make up a *STUNNING NEW LIST STICKER DESIGN* Yes, that's right, just like commercial America (argh) I am thinking of changing a design, so your old ones will become obsolete, and you'll have to buy my new product! Just pretend I'm your television telling you what to do...OF course, the old ones will still look nice, as well as establishing you as having seniority...But, I just love stickers, so if I want a new one, I have to sell the other 499 from the batch. So anyway, I have a cool new design for a list sticker, featuring the V@L address, as well as the TYPE2 web address, in a unifying reminder that we're all still bus drivers, and as such brothers and sisters in the world of type II's. Should I do it? Will enough of you kind enough to buy the first sticker be gullible, um, er, nice enough to buy a new one? (These will actually be sold in packages of 3 for $5.00, and 7 for $10.00, unless I go crazy and order 1000, which would lower the price a bit.) The new design is really cool, and actually one I considered in the first place. It's a bus wheel, done on the same chrome mylar as the first sticker. It has the shiny chrome VW hubcap, wheel, and black tire with white letters spelling out the addresses. About 4" in diameter, just small enough to fit in a standard business envelope. If I do print them, of course you'll have to put up with me whining every Friday about how many stickers I have left, until they're all gone... Anyway, we shall see. As a brief aside, people are also asking about t-shirts. I'll probably do them as well, but I had the brainstorm of printing designs on (new) mechanic's coveralls. Heck, we're all here because we love our busses, and that usually means crawling under them and getting dirty. A good set of coveralls is necessary to protect those stunning list t-shirts, so I may see if I can get coveralls printed also...Long sleeve t-shirts should also be available... Ok then, have a happy weekend, and I'll see some of you at the Farmington show this Sunday!

-- ____________________________ Poor Richard is rapalmer@unity.ncsu.edu `/""""/""""/|""|'|""||""| '\ http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/r/rapalmer/www/ /____/____/ |__| |__||__| | '68 VW Crew Cab | \ /V\ /====================| '67 VW Camper-Nellie, the Wild Goose |()\ \W/ /()| _ _ |"I spend half my life explaining to Christians | \ / | / \ / \ | _-( ) why I'm a Deadhead, and the other =C========C==_| ) |--------| ) |=] _-{_}_) half explaining to Deadheads why \_\_/__.. \_\_/_ \_\_/ \_\_/__.__. I'm a Christian."