Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 1997 17:06:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:         KENYON FAIREY <kfairey@oit.umass.edu>
Subject:      Re: Curtains

For those who need a "pattern" - I ran across the measurements sheet I had made for a set that I made back in '88 for my 1981 Westy the other day. If anyone is interested, I can post the measurements and some notes about how I went about making them.

Kenyon > > > I know the last few weeks I've heard a few people who didn't have > curtains in their vans, and were looking for them. Currenly the set I > have is (I think) from the company who is currently selling them. Since > I have aluminum bars for the curtains to slide on, which I doubt is an > origional westy design. > > Anyway, if you have access to a sewing machine then I would highly > recomend making them yourself. The set that were with my van when I > bought it are falling apart and sheding a brown dust, so my girlfriend > offered to make me new ones. > > I just when and picked out the fabric, making sure it kept the right > about of light out. Then we used the old curtains for a pattern, leaving > a few inches to hem over. > > They're not all done yet, but they look sooooo good. I'm really happy > with them. If you have NO curtains to use as a patern then I would > suggest just measuring the windows. Mine hang freely at the bottom, so > the length didn't have to be perfect. > > You could always talk your grandmother into making them. She'd probably > have fun at it. > > Kyle > > > > "Wake up, your wings have been tied too long" > ---Rusted Root--- > -------------------------------------------------------------------- > khaskins@indiana.edu > http://php.indiana.edu/~khaskins/ >

-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kenyon Fairey, Re.D. Adjunct Assistant Professor Assistant Director Human Dimensions of Resource Management Office of Information Technologies Department of Forestry & Help Desk Services Wildlife Management - - - - - - - - - - - - - A 117, Lederle Graduate Research Center Internet -- KFairey@OIT.UMass.EDU University of Massachusetts Phone -- (413)-545-4366 Amherst, MA 01003 FAX -- (413)-545-3203