Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 97 18:16:00 EDT
From:         "Jones,Rich" <RichJ@watcom.on.ca>
Subject:      RE: Yokohama Y370 Discontinued

While on the topic of tires--I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times before, but I've only been on the list for a while--I'm trying to decide on tires for my '89 Westfalia. I just read the tire FAQs on

http://www.vanagon.com/info/faq and http://www.automatrix.com/~skip/volkswagen/faq.html#tire

Right now, I have Michelin MXL 205/70 R14 97R's. I assume the 97R has something to do with a reinforced sidewall. Is this true?

I'd like to hear opinions on what you think is the best choice. The FAQs list the following ones:

- Michelin XZX 185/70 SR 14 - Michelin MXL 205/70 R 14 Reinforced - Michelin MXT 205/70 R14 - Michelin LTX 195/75 R14 (LT version) - Yohohama Y370 LT 195 75/R14

Rich Jones '89 Westfalia