Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Apr 1997 11:37:36 +0000
From:         "Harry Yates" <hyates@bcit.bc.ca>
Subject:      Re: Engine cleaning

Hi There. I just use a low pressure garden hose with a nozzle on it to produce a small gentle spray, an old chamois and a bucket of soapy water. Rinse, and chamois dry :) I wash it every spring, and wipe the compartment down at every oil change to minimize buildup. I keep water away from the ignition system, and electricals in general. Even the engine lid comes out nicely.

If you have a greasy engine, you might want to try an engine degreaser or that Citric Orange stuff.... that works pretty good, but slower.... I use that on my bike chain with reasonable success.

Hope this helps, Harry.