Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 02 Apr 1997 18:04:26 -0800
From:         Ron Lussier <coyote@likeminds.com>
Subject:      Re: Can One Test the Piezo?

At 06:00 PM 4/2/97 -0600, you wrote: >After collecting methods, hints, tips and techniques for starting the >Dometic fridge on LP, I still can't get my fridge working. Thanks to all >who offered advice. > >Last night I went out in the dark and tried starting the fridge again. In >addition to not getting any "ticking" noise from the ignitor or any light, >steady or flashing, from the indicator lights, I didn't see any light >through the "view hole" in the lower left corner of the fridge. I thought >for sure I would see something in the darkness. > >Yes the fridge works on battery and A/C. I have tried pumping the air pump >to death. I also had compresses air blown through the drain hole. I >checked the two fuses for the kitchen, both are ok. > >Is there any way to test the piezo without removing the fridge? > >Any help, next steps, oversights, possible tricks are welcome.

My fridge doesn't want to start normally either. I have a trick, however. I run it on 'battery' (with the engine running) for about 15 minutes. This seems to do something, because afterwards it's fairly easy to start the gas.

Ron

-- /\_/\ ____ Ron 'Coyote' Lussier ( ) \ _/__ LikeMinds (408) 865-0657 \ / \X / "Tools that Help People Decide" coyote@likeminds.com \_/ \/ http://www.likeminds.com/