Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:39:47 -0500
From:         "John Graham" <johntandy@j3com.net>
Subject:      Dometic Fridge question

Just bought our 3rd Westy, an 88. This is the first one we have had that has other than just an ice box. My question is just what should I expect of the Dometic refrigerator? I've got the manuals, so it appears that in AC and DC operation, there is just a heater coil that does the 'business'. So when you put the controls in either of these positions, you would not hear anything? I checked the AC plug for continuity and it seems to be there and come and go as one would expect as I twirl the thermostat. I did leave the fridge on AC overnight and in the morning the cooling part in the fridge did seem a little colder than the outside (it was in the forties this a.m. here in Charlotte NC), but not all THAT cold... I didn't try to make any ice.

I seem to have a little bit of LP gas in the tank - the stove burners light without problems, but in following the instructions to light the gas refridge, I've gotten the ignitor to make the gas pop just once.

Any suggestions as to what I should expect would be welcome.

John G. 88 Westy