Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:14:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:         JordanView@aol.com
Subject:      Fwd: Middle Seat for 87 Vanagon GL Westphalia Camper

--------------------- Forwarded message: Subj: Re: Middle Seat for 87 Vanagon GL Westphalia Camper Date: 97-04-18 16:11:41 EDT >From: JordanView To: bryan459@pacbell.com

In a message dated 97-04-18 15:53:47 EDT, bryan459@pacbell.com (Bryan Ellis) writes:

<< It was sold to me by a dealer as a 1987 VanagonGL Westfalia camper.

So, I assume it's a 1987 VanagonGL Westfalia camper. >>

Ok. I have spoken w another listmember w/ an '89 full GL westy and his doesn't have the filler tracks in the floor either.

But they did in '85 on the full GL westys.

so somewhere between '85 and '87 the florr tracks were dropped (why, I don't know - It seemed like a neat Idea to be able to pop out those filler plates and slide in a seat, buy VW works in mysterious ways... (kind of like taking away the glovebox on the first Jetta III's....)

so I apologise for insinuating that your '87 westyGL had the tracks, when it obviously doesn't.

I was wondering if other listmembers could go and check under your cargo floor mats and letsee if we can come up with the years the westy middle seat floor tracks were available.

So, westy GL owners, go look under your mats and report what you find to the list.

chris